If you want to build a website with WordPress, but you’re afraid it’s just too difficult, THIS is the book you want to read!
If you’ve wanted to build your own website but felt it was beyond your capabilities… if you’ve placed yourself into the ‘beginner’, ‘neophyte’, ‘amateur’, or even ‘dummies’ category… if you’ve thought “I can’t do this…” -think again!
UPDATED with details on the new QuickInstall one-click installation method of installing WordPress
WordPress Tips, Tricks and Traps Tutorial, by best-selling computer book author Ed Jones, will give you 100% of what you need to know to put WordPress, the world’s most popular website development tool, to work to your best advantage!
Learn how to get up and running fast with WordPress, and how to do so with a minimal amount of hassle. By the end of the second chapter, and in less than an hour, you’ll be up and running with your own privately-hosted WordPress web site! Best of all, you don’t need prior computer experience, programming knowledge, or web design skills. This book will teach you-
- How to register a domain and quickly set up a web hosting account by following a few clearly-illustrated steps
- How you can install WordPress with just a few simple steps
- How you can tune in to the primary needs of your site’s visitors, even though you aren’t a web designer
- How you can add posts and pages with content that gets the attention of the viewers of your website
- How you can use the incredible power of WordPress themes to give your site a distinctive look
- How you can use WordPress plugins to vastly expand the functionality of your site, adding features from social network interaction to e-commerce
- How you can optimize your site so it gets noticed by the search engines, using SEO (search engine optimization) techniques designed for WordPress
If you want a website but you’ve been put off by the technobabble that is all too common in computer books, you’ve arrived at the right place. You’ll find detailed step-by-step directions for setting up WordPress with HostGator or with GoDaddy, both major established names in web hosting and domain registrations, and you’ll find tips and recommendations for other major web hosting companies.
In a minimum amount of time, you’ll learn what you need to know to get your new WordPress-powered website looking the way you want, with an appearance that represents YOUR preference. Then, you’ll learn the latest tips and techniques that let you take your website as far as you would like to take it, using the power, sophistication, and ease-of-use that have become a part of WordPress.
WordPress Tips, Tricks and Traps Tutorial comes from the pen of Edward Jones, the principal technology writer behind the best-selling”Tips, Tricks and Traps Tutorial” series of computer books. Jones has been designing web sites for a variety of clients since the early days of the World Wide Web. He has also been a big fan of WordPress since shortly after its inception nearly 10 years ago, and he has used WordPress to design and provide dozens of web sites for a number of clients. Along the way, Jones has learned the ins and outs of WordPress, and he shares those with you in this book. WordPress truly makes it possible to do it on your own– one of the best ways to think of it is as a supercharged word processor for publishing web content. So, put this book under your belt, so to speak, get started, and let WordPress Tips, Tricks and Traps Tutorial take your new website past the finish line.
get a book now !