Create a church website TODAY with sermons, video, a church calendar, and more!
If your church or house of faith is in desperate need of a website but you’ve felt it was beyond your capabilities… if you’ve placed yourself into the ‘beginner’, ‘neophyte’, ‘amateur’, or even ‘dummies’ category… if you’ve thought “I can’t do this…” -think again!
WordPress for Churches, by best-selling computer book author Ed Jones, will give you 100% of what you need to know to get your faith-based website up and running quickly with WordPress, on your own privately-hosted domain, and at a cost of just a few dollars a month. Follow the steps in this first chapter, and you’ll be up and running with your own WordPress-powered web site at a cost that won’t put the trustee board into shock! Best of all, you don’t need prior computer experience, programming knowledge, or web design skills. This book will show you-
- How to register a domain and quickly set up a web hosting account by following a few clearly-illustrated steps
- How you can install WordPress with just a few simple steps
- How you can tune in to the primary needs of your site’s visitors, even though you aren’t a web designer
- How you can add posts and pages with content that meets the needs of your spiritual flock
- How you can use the incredible power of WordPress themes to give your website a distinctive look
- How you can use WordPress plugins to vastly expand the functionality of your site, with sermon libraries, church calendars, and ways to process online donations
- How you can easily add pictures, audio, and video to your site
If your house of faith needs a website but you’ve been put off by the technobabble that is all too common in computer books, you’ve arrived at the right place. You’ll find detailed step-by-step directions for setting up WordPress with GoDaddy, the world’s leading name in domain registrations, and you’ll find tips and recommendations for many major web hosting companies.
In a minimum amount of time, you’ll learn what you need to know to get your new WordPress-powered website looking the way you want, with an appearance that represents YOUR preference. Then, you’ll learn the latest tips and techniques that let you take your website as far as you would like to take it, using the power, sophistication, and ease-of-use that has become a part of WordPress.
WordPress for Churches comes from the pen of Edward Jones, an experienced computer and technology writer, database applications development analyst, consultant, and trainer who understands the issues faced by people dealing with technology, day in and day out. His career spans years of technology training, database development, and consulting services for major law firms and government agencies in the Washington, DC area, and he currently resides in Charlotte, NC where he is concentrating on providing publications to the rapidly growing digital marketplace. And as an experienced web designer, he has created web sites for a number of churches in Charlotte NC, Washington DC, Baltimore, MD, Philadelphia, PA, Rochester, NY, and Los Angeles, CA. So, put this book under your belt, so to speak, get started, and let WordPress for Churches help you give your house of worship a website to be proud of.